These are some of the workshops the PDU has available to the UPRM research community. For custom workshops please fill out this form. If you need assistance tailoring a workshop or training to suit your particular needs, please give us a call.
Principles of Grantsmanship I & II
I. An overview of grants & proposal writing from a beginners perspective
II. A more in-depth look at the components of a proposal and how to cater to agency specific mission and criteria
These workshops can be catered to the interests of a specific field, such as writing for agencies that typically fund business proposals
Tools for Monitoring and Identifying Research Funds: InfoEd SPIN Workshop.
SPIN is a funding opportunities database, accessible via web, that can be customized to provide automated opportunity matching, and daily opportunity notifications.
Need help? Contact us.
Proposal Writing Tips & Tutorials
The following are online resources we have identified as recommendations to support our researchers proposal writing efforts. These are mostly focused on the process of writing the proposal and offer tips-of-the-trade for successfully securing funding.
- All About Grants Tutorials – from the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease (NIAID)at NIH
- A Guide for Proposal Writing – from the National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Proposal Writing Short Course – from the Foundation Center
- The Art of Writing Proposals – from the Social Science Research Council (SSRC)
- Tips on Writing a Grant Proposal – from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Quick Guide for Grant Applications – from the National Cancer Institute (NCI)at NIH
- Common Mistakes in NIH Applications – from the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS)at NIH
In addition, the PDU offers seminars on grantwriting topics and a proposal review service is available to all UPRM personnel. If you would like to have PDU personnel review your proposal, please submit your request here.
The Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) is a web-based subscription service, developed through the collaboration of various institutions, that provides research ethics education. To obtain proper training convalidation, all users must affiliate to UPRM when registering to CITI. Please use the upr.edu email to log in.
Also, RCR courses available under the UPRM CITI curriculum can be credited towards the OEGPR (Etica Gubernamental) training requirements. The available courses and credit-hours are:
- Physical Sciences RCR 8.5 hrs
- Social & Behavioral RCR 8.5 hrs
- RCR for Engineers 7.0 hrs
- Humanities RCR 8.5 hrs
- Biomedical RCR 8.5 hrs
- RCR for Administrators 3.5 hrs