From proposal design to submission, these offices and resources offer guidance to researchers in the “Pre-Award” stage prepare more competitive proposals.
Sponsor, Government and internal policies, guidelines and legal considerations
Assistance with intellectual property, technology transfer, and commercialization of research.
- Subaward Monitoring
- Financial Conflict of Interest (FCOI)
- Export Controls
- Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC)
- Time & Effort Reporting
- Responsible Conduct of Research
- UPR Office of Research Compliance
- UPR Certification on Research Misconduct
- Link to UPR Research Policies & Procedures
To become the entity responsible for establishing world recognition of UPRM as Puerto Rico’s leading institution for research and creative endeavors, and the one having the greatest contribution in the socioeconomic development of Puerto Rico.
To promote, develop and facilitate creative endeavors, research and development at the University of Puerto Rico Mayagüez (UPRM) that foster the technological, economic and social wellbeing of Puerto Rico, in collaboration with government, non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and the private sector.